Germany

I chose to go to Germany to see a friend who was also studying abroad. When I landed in Dortmund, Germany my first thought was, "Wow it's much more green that I thought it would be." The city of Dortmund was very pretty and always surprised me with how much green there was. I learned a little bit of German fro my friends but now that I am not there, I think I've completely forgotten what I have learned.
The beer here, really does taste better and there are even kiosks were you can walk up and grab one if you're on the go. They don't have an open container policy so everyone was just walking the streets sipping a beer. I met the nicest Europeans here. The people in Germany reminded me of home because they were just so friendly and open. They'd talk to anyone and everyone who came and sat next to them which was awesome. I also had some of the best food I've I have ever had here. No I did not get the chance to eat a pretzel but I did try many dishes (that I could not tell you the name of) that were amazing. One day we traveled to a small town near Dortmund called Bochum. Travel in Europe is easy in general but in Germany it was even easier. My friend could get me on trains for free on the weekends or past 7pm on the week days. I spent most of my time with my friend and sightseeing around Dortmund but Germany is definitely on my top three favorite places list.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue

Update #3

Morella & Peniscola