Ireland

For as long as I can remember, it has always been my dream to visit Ireland and it finally happened. I started in Dublin and got into town right after the sun had set. The fact they drive on the opposite side of the road really gave me a headache but at the crosswalks they have signs telling you which direction to look, thankfully. It was much more humid than I thought it would be and therefore less cold as well. The coolest times seemed to be in the morning but by noon it had typically warmed up.

The first day started with an early morning tour to northern Ireland and spots where Game of Thrones had been filed (if you know me, you know I was ecstatic). On our way to the north, (GOT pun not intended) there was nothing but green for as far as you could see. Green fields seemed to go on forever and some were straight out of a fairy tale with sheep in them surrounded by stone walls or tall green hedges. We went through Belfast and made out way to attraction number one: Giants Causeway. It sat right on the coast and held some the most stunning views I had ever seen. Maybe it was because I couldn't believe I was in Ireland but ALL the views left me absolutely speechless. It was so beautiful that I had no words to describe what I saw. There were stunning green cliffs that the ocean beat against and hexagonal rocks formed by a volcano way back when. There was a yellow type of flower that was all over Ireland that I had never seen before. I took a hike along Giants Causeway for about two hours and then set off again, this time on my way to the dark hedges. On the way back from that we stopped in Belfast. There I went to a GOT exhibition then toured the city. It's one of the larger cities in northern Ireland but still gave me a cute small town vibe.

Cliffs of Moher
Next morning I went to Galway and the Cliffs of Moher. I started at the Cliffs and they could be my favorite place I have visited in Europe.when I said things in Ireland have a certain kind of beauty that leaves you speechless these were no exception. I honestly can't explain to you just how magical they felt but I can provide you with plenty of pictures for you to try and understand. They extended for miles and miles in both directions. Every time I turned a corner the fog would give way to even more cliffs and I felt like I could walk around them for eternity and never get tired of the views. Galway itself was a quaint port town that was smaller than I thought it would be. Most of the streets had people playing instruments or singing which made the town even cuter to me.

Ireland was a dream, to say the least and a place I will definitely be visiting again.
Giant's Cause


THIS is the yellow flower I'm talking about





The dark hedges









The biology building at Trinity College stole my heart








Irish Croquettes (aka AMAZING)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prologue

Update #3

Morella & Peniscola